Barilla Lasagna Recipes for All Occasions
BARILLA is an Italian brand of food products that has been around for centuries. Today, its items are sold and enjoyed in more than a hundred countries all over the world. Their most famous products are crispbread, bakery products, pasta, and ready-to-use sauces. As a leader in Italian cuisine, it’s not surprising why so many people use their products when cooking up their favorite dishes.
Here are three great recipes that you can try. Soon, you’ll be a master on how to cook Barilla lasagna and will be impressing your friends and family.
This recipe requires 20 minutes of preparation and 40 minutes of cooking. It yields four servings.
- 1/2 box Barilla Wavy Lasagne
- 2 jars Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef OR Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In the meantime, cook the noodles, following the package instructions. Once done, drain them in a colander and transfer to a bowl.
3. Make your sauce. Pour the cooked meat into a large saucepan. Add 1 1/2 jars of Barilla sauce. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the cheeses and eggs.
5. Get a baking dish and coat with some cooking spray or grease.
6. Do the layering: Pour 3/4 cup Barilla sauce at the bottom of the dish. Then, place 3-4 of the cooked and drained noodles over the bottom layer. Take half of the cheese and egg mixture and spread it over the noodles. Top with half of your meat sauce.
7. Repeat the layers.
8. Once you are at the last layer, cover with the remaining noodles and sauce. Then, sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
9. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
10. Remove the foil. Bake for 10 more minutes, uncovered.
11. The dish is done, but let it stand and rest for 10 minutes before serving and eating.
For this recipe, you’ll only need five minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook. This yields 4 servings.
- 1 box Barilla Oven-ready Lasagna
- 2 jars Barilla Traditional Sauce
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Prepare a lasagna or baking pan. Place one ladle of the sauce in.
2. Cover this with one layer of Barilla pasta. Add more of the sauce on top, as well as some basil and mozzarella.
3. Repeat the steps to create 4 layers.
4. Once you’re at the last layer, top with sauce and mozzarella. Then, sprinkle Parmigiano cheese on top.
5. Bake this for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. You should get a slightly browned finish at the corners and bubbling on top.
6. Let it rest for a while before serving.
You’ll need two hours of prep time and 30 minutes of cooking for this recipe. It can serve 6 people.
- 1 box Barilla Oven-ready lasagne
- 4 oz ground pork
- 4 oz ground beef
- 1 3/4 oz carrots
- 3/4 oz celery
- 3/4 oz onions
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
- 6 cups milk
- 5 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the meantime, drizzle some oil on a pan and place on medium heat. Saute the onions, carrots, and celery.
3. Add ground beef and pork and turn up heat to High until cooked and brown.
4. Add red wine. Season with salt and pepper. Keep reducing until dry.
5. Reduce the heat to low. Add water and tomato paste. Cook for 40 minutes. If it gets too thick, add water by spoonfuls.
6. Meanwhile, make your Béchamel sauce. Melt butter in another saucepan. Add (sifted) flour. Cook over low heat for one minute while constantly whisking. Add milk. Let it boil. Keep whisking. Season with some nutmeg and salt. Cook until it becomes thick.
7. Take a baking dish and pour one layer of Bolognese sauce and grated Parmigiano cheese. Place a layer of pasta to cover the bottom of the dish. Make another layer using Béchamel and meat sauce with Parmigiano cheese.
8. Continue layering, switching between pasta and sauce. Top with a layer of pasta, then cover with the remaining Béchamel sauce. Add pats of butter on top.
9. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. The surface should become crunchy and golden.
10. Once done, set aside for 15 minutes to rest before serving.
These are three of the best recipes to enjoy your own Barilla lasagna at home. Whether you only have a few minutes to plan and cook, or a few hours ahead of dinner, you can’t go wrong with these beloved Italian treats!