Two Ways On How To Cook Ramen Noodles In The Microwave
Ramen noodles are one of the most popular and iconic instant meals in the world. As long as you have a microwave oven at home, you can enjoy it in a matter of minutes. Read on below how to cook ramen noodles in the microwave - in two easy versions!
Follow these steps:
1. Pour the noodles from the package into a microwave-safe bowl. You can break up the noodles if you want shorter strands. If you like to slurp longer noodles, leave them as they are.
2. Add some water until the noodles are fully immersed and covered. Adjust the amount of water depending on how much broth you want to have.
3. Cover the bowl with a lid or paper towel to avoid splatters in the microwave.
4. Cook for 3-5 minutes. This may vary depending on your appliance.
5. Avoid over-stewing the noodles to make sure they cook evenly. To check this, you can stop halfway through cooking and give the noodles a nice stir using a fork.
6. After cooking, let the bowl of noodles sit and rest for about three more minutes inside the microwave. Don’t take them out to serve or eat right away. Not only can this cause you to burn your tongue, it can also hurt your hands. So let them cool down properly. Otherwise, you can use oven mitts if you really want to immediately get out your ramen noodles.
7. Once the bowl is out, it’s time to add your flavorings. Open the packet and mix in the flavorings. Use a fork or spoon to carefully mix and dissolve the flavorings.
8. Now, you are ready to serve your instant ramen noodles. You can enjoy it as it is, or transfer it into another dish or bowl.
- Other foodies prefer adding the flavorings before cooking it in the microwave. This is also a good way to go, because it can make your noodles become a lot tastier.
- If you don’t have a microwave, simply cook it in a saucepan or pot using your stovetop. Boil some water, and throw in your noodles and flavorings until cooked to your liking.
- One last option if you don’t have a microwave is to use hot water. Place the contents of your noodle pack, including the flavorings, in a bowl and add hot water on top. Cover with a lid or a dish for a few minutes to let it cook. It should be ready in about 4 minutes or so, depending on how hot your water is.
If you prefer a fancier version of the classic and instant noodle dish, follow these tips.
You can flavor your ramen noodles using added flavorings and condiments of your choice. Customize your ramen experience as you see fit. Here are ways to amp up your ramen noodles.
1. Flavor your noodles as you please. Simply add your spices, herbs, or condiments before cooking the ramen in the microwave. Here are some flavors that you can try:
- Hoisin sauce
- Miso paste
- Lemon or lime juice
- Rice vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Green onions
2. Add some veggies to your soup. You can pick fresh basil leaves or spinach to improve the nutrition of your noodles on top of the flavor. Other possibilities include celery, carrot slices, garlic, onions, and peas. These can also add more texture to your dish.
3. Top the noodle soup with herbs of your choice. Basil and cilantro are delicious, and rosemary can give off a nice scent, too. You can make your noodles savory by adding a tablespoon of half-and-half, particularly for chicken-flavored ramen.
4. Add some eggs! Restaurants always complement their noodle offerings with eggs - and so can you. You can cook the egg at the same time by cracking and dropping it into the broth. Stirring it while cooking can improve the texture and density of your soup, too. If you prefer hard-boiled eggs, you can slice them and place them on top of the dish.
5. Make soupless noodles! After cooking your noodles, take them off the microwave. Drain as much of the hot water as you can on your sink. You should have a moist noodle dish. Add your flavorings from the packet and stir them to thoroughly into the noodles. You can top this with some cilantro or other herbs.
These are two ways on how to cook ramen noodles in the microwave. If you’re looking for a nice, hot noodle soup that can be ready in under 5 minutes, follow our first method above. If you want something new, exciting, and more flavorful, follow the second method and customize your ramen as you wish!